This week I discovered more great picture books as I continued my summer reading challenge with librarian, Rena Traxel. Here they are:
- Black Cat, White Cat by Silvia Borando Read someplace airy.
- My Name is Yoon by Helen Recorvits Picture by Gabi Swiatkowska Read someplace fluffy.
- Edmond And The Moonlit Party by Marc Boutavant Read someplace green.
- Mixed Me! by Taye Diggs Read dramatically.
- Willow’s Whispers by Lana Button Read someplace cozy.
- Lulu’s Party by Kit Chase Read lying down.
- Katie Shaeffer Pancake Maker by Cynthia Mackey Read somewhere breakfast-y.
Aside from my own book, (which I felt compelled to include while reading in a breakfast-y location and savoring golden brown pancakes) each one of these picture books is brand new to me so I felt happy to discover them. My personal favourite of the bunch is Willow’s Whispers written by Lana Button, an early childhood educator. The book features a child who cannot bring herself to use a voice above a whisper. Her shyness gets in the way and it causes her some problems too. Finally in the end, her big voice just wiggles it’s way out!
I was a bit disappointed with Black Cat, White Cat by Silvia Borando and yet, the simple illustrations were rather cute. Maybe you will like it more than I did.
You can still join in the summer reading challenge with me! Just read one picture book each day and catch up by reading two a day for some days. That’s still do-able. If you have children in your life, they will be happy to spend the time with you 🙂
Have a great day!
You must be logged in to post a comment.